But what if you could avoid the hangover altogether — without sacrificing your margarita consumption?
Spoilers: YOU TOTALLY CAN.
We've worked with our friends at ZICO Coconut Water to create a recipe for a jalapeño mango margarita that will help you stay hydrated with each sweet-yet-spicy sip, just in time for your Cinco de Mayo fiestas.
Instead, sweeten this marg up the healthy way with the natural tropical flavors of ZICO's new Jalapeño Mango Coconut Water. Not only is it low in sugar and made without artificial flavors, but it also contains five hangover-fighting electrolytes: potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium, and phosphorus. Plus, it's naturally gluten-free, fat-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, and cholesterol-free. And did we mention that it's delicious?
- 3 oz. tequila
- 1.5 oz. triple sec
- 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice
- 6 oz. ZICO Jalapeño Mango Coconut Water
- Ice cubes
- Homemade lime-salt-sugar (zest of one lime, 2 tbsp. kosher salt, and 2 tbsp. sugar, blended) for rim
- Diced mango, jalapeño slices, and/or lime wedge to garnish
And here are the instructions for making the marg:
- Rub a lime wedge along the rim of the glass, then dip the rim of the glass in the homemade lime-salt-sugar mix.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and ZICO Jalapeño Mango Coconut Water to the cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake until mixed and chilled (about 30 seconds).
- Pour the chilled, mixed marg into your rimmed glass.
- Garnish with diced mango, jalapeño slices, and/or a lime wedge.
Not Convinced? Try ZICO's New Jalapeño Mango Coconut Water at Twerk For Your Beer This Saturday
ZICO Coconut Water will be there handing out samples of their Jalapeño Mango flavor to hydrate you after class and get you in the Cinco de Mayo mood.
For just $8, you get the hip-hop inspired dance fitness class itself, as well as a 10 oz. beer.
Some people say "Beer after a workout? Doesn't one negate the other?" or "Coconut water in a margarita? Doesn't one cancel the other out?" But the truth is, it's all about balance. Whether you're talking about fitness and beer, or coconut water and tequila, it comes down to finding ways to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
"Salud" means health in Spanish, and it's also how you say "Cheers!" in Spanish when you clink your glasses before drinking your beer or margarita. So, salud, y'all — cheers to your health!
Beer Of The Week
Just CLT Things
Work For Your Beer Love Stories
Work For Your Beer Spotlight
Work For Your Booty